Council of constance
then and now
The imposing Council building at Constance harbour has always been a meeting place. From 1388, it was built as a warehouse and served as a transshipment point for goods at the harbour of Constance. The Council of Constance was held here between 1414 and 1418.
Today, the council houses a restaurant with a terrace overlooking the lake as well as event rooms. The concerts of the Southwest German Philharmonic Orchestra regularly take place in the upper council hall.